samedi 31 octobre 2015

Moving my CSS code out of my html file and into it's own file breaks everything

I'm building a laravel app and initiatlly, wanted to get it up and running quickly so had all of my css and html file all in one place (index.blade.php). I'm now refactoring, extracting my css code into it's own file (that lives in public/css/custom.css) and also using bootstrap.

I'm having issues with my css now and it is not working correctly. For example, when trying to customize .col-md-4 in my css file, it doesn't work until it is resized to a smaller window. How do I make changes to all size windows/displays?

I'm calling the css file from index.blade.php with <link href="{{ asset('css/custom.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" > in the <head> section.

Again, when moving the css code to another file, the css no longer works correctly when it is desktop size, only a smaller window/display size. Also, my fonts are working so I just put in my index.blade.php file in the <style> section.

Do I need to be using laravel elixir or anything to get the css file working correctly? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire